Risk can occur with any treatment. Always consult with your doctor before receiving any other treatments. As HBot is a pretty safe treatment and may even be advised by your doctor, your doctors has your full health history. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is generally a safe procedure. Complications are rare. But this treatment does carry some risk.
Potential risks include:
- Temporary nearsightedness caused by temporary eye lens changes
- Middle ear injuries, including leaking fluid and eardrum rupture, due to increased air pressure
- Lung collapse caused by air pressure changes
- Seizures as a result of too much oxygen in your central nervous system
Make sure to go over some of these items before hand with your doctor:
- Could HBot help with your condition?
- What medications of drugs you may be taking?
- Your current health conditions such as lung issues, ear or eye issues or any other health issues that you need to avoid at high pressure.
- Let your HBot physician know of all health issues including any history of seizures.
Overall, HBot is a fairly safe procedure as long as you cover all concerns ahead of time.